Getting to zero: Zero new HIV infections. Zero discrimination. Zero Aids-related deaths.
To get to Zero new HIV infections, we need to:
- Keep spreading knowledge on how infections happen and urge people not to engage in practices that spread infection
- Eliminate mother-to-child infections through antenatal care and medication
- Know our HIV status so that infecting others can be prevented.
To get to Zero discrimination, we need to:
- Understand that infection does not happen by choice
- Demonstrate our care to those suffering from HIV and Aids
- Support those living with HIV and Aids
- Confirm the roles those living with HIV and Aids can still play in our communities and places of work
- Protect the rights of those living with HIV and Aids.
To get to Zero Aids-related deaths, we need to:
- Make care available to people living with Aids
- Make treatment accessible to all
- Promote the correct use of antiretroviral medication.
To get to zero requires our involvement, whatever way we can, at whatever level we can. We can make a difference, it depends on us!