When it comes to self-managed health and wellbeing, laughter is difficult to beat. Laughter has been clinically proven to have powerful and positive effects on physical, emotional and social health and wellbeing. It helps to heal and renew the human body and mind, and nothing works faster or more reliably for restoring the mind and body balance.
These are the latest discoveries in the ever growing list of the benefits of laughter:
- Lowers blood pressure – It will therefore reduce your risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Reduces stress hormone levels − This will cut the anxiety and stress that impact your body. Additionally, the reduction of stress hormones may result in higher immune system performance.
- Works your abs − When you are laughing, the muscles in your stomach expand and contract, similar to when you intentionally exercise your abs. Meanwhile, your other muscles get an opportunity to relax.
- Improves cardiac health − It gets your heart pumping and burns a similar amount of kilojoules per hour as walking at a slow to moderate pace. So, laugh your heart into health.
- Boosts T-cells − When you laugh, you activate T-cells that immediately begin to help your body fight off sickness.
- Triggers the release of endorphins − Endorphins are the body’s natural painkillers. By laughing, you release endorphins, which can help ease chronic pain and make you feel good all over.