Any leftover chicken, meat or fish can be used in this recipe and it can also be prepared beforehand and then frozen until required.
The peppers and mushrooms are high in fibre – a great way to add more fibre to your diet. Using whole-wheat pasta can further increase the fibre content.
Use fat-free or low-fat milk to reduce the cholesterol value of the meal.
Ingredients for the pasta
- 1 kg left over chicken fillet
- 250 gr pasta
- 3 onions
- 2 tsps garlic
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp green chutney (garlic and chillies)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chicken spice
- 1 tsp crushed chillies
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 8 large mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- Boil pasta with salt and set aside.
- Braise onions in a tablespoon spoon of oil. Meanwhile cut chicken into cubes.
- Add garlic, green chutney and green pepper to the onions.
- Add crushed chillies, chicken spice, black pepper to the chicken cubes, then put it into the pot.
- Add salt, chillies and coriander to the pot.
- Then add the chilli garlic sauce and tomato
Ingredients for the white sauce
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup cake flour
- 2 tsps black pepper
- 2½ tablespoon margarine
- A little cheese to sprinkle on top
- Put flour mixed with milk, pepper, butter and salt into a pot and stir continuously till thick.
In an ovenproof dish mix the pasta and the white sauce and the filling altogether. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.