Many people with hectic schedules would love it if the Beatles song “Eight days a week” could become a reality, but unfortunately we all have only 7 of 24 hours each!
Making time for everything that is important is one of the hardest things in life. Demanding work schedules, responsibilities towards family and friends, housekeeping and making time for oneself in between is not easy. This is why time management is a crucial step in getting eight days’ work done in seven. Here are some tips to get more done in your personal life:
- Always prioritise. Some things are more important than others and just have to be done, such as getting the children immunised or renewing your driver’s licence. These things must always be at the top of your to-do list
- A good idea is to follow a schedule for every day of the week in order to get everything done. Setting time aside for specific events or activities will help you get around to them all
- It is also a good idea to spend time with a few friends at the same time instead of seeing them all individually; often that it is the only way to keep in touch with all of them
- Never let the household chores pile up, whether its dishes or washing. Do a few every day to avoid having to spend hours on them every few days
- Cook bigger quantities of foods at a time for freezing purposes; it will save you a lot of time in the kitchen
- Buy clothes without special, time consuming cleaning instructions.
If you want to achieve things in life, don’t think of how you will “spend” your time, but of how you will “use” it!